All CASTO Events have been canceled through June 2020 due to the COVID19 Pandemic.
The California Association of School Transportation Officials welcomes Job Postings for positions related to K-12, School Pupil Transportation Services. Job postings will be visible on the associations webpage for 30 days. If you wish to have your Job Posting listed for more than 30 days, you will have to re-submit the request and pay any associated fees. Agency Members receive unlimited, free, postings. The fee for Non-Agency Members is $50.00 per posting, per 30 days. Click here to download the CASTO Job Announcement Form..pdf. Please scan and email the completed Job Posting Request Form to email@example.com
Deputy Director of Transportation
Deputy Director of Transportation
Salary up to $145,800 plus excellent benefits!
We are Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD). We are at the forefront of innovation in public schools, with the serious work of tailoring the learning environment to better serve our community. Here, you will have the opportunity to exercise your potential in the business of education.
LAUSD's Transportation Services Division transports approximately 41,000 students daily; it oversees approximately 1,700 bus routes during the traditional school year, and logged a total of 23 million miles transporting LAUSD students in the previous fiscal year. LAUSD's Transportation Services Division also operates five major garage facilities serving approximately 3,400 LAUSD-owned buses, trucks, autos, vans, and power equipment.
Los Angeles Unified School District is seeking a Deputy Director of Transportation to co-lead one of the largest public transit authorities in the State of California.
The ideal candidate has at least four years of management-level experience in transportation operations. He/she has earned a degree from a recognized university most likely in business or public administration, transportation management, logistics or a related field.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A deep understanding of principles and practices of business and public administration as applied to organization and management, budgeting and fiscal practices, personnel management, procurement, and public relations;
- Excellent planning and analytical skills to research and prepare clear and concise recommendations and reports regarding school bus transportation operations;
- Demonstrated record of sound financial management, professional and personal accountability and data-driven decision-making;
- Experience in developing and implementing school bus transportation operating rules, regulations, procedures, and policies
- Experience in collaborative labor/management relations; understanding of collective bargaining law and labor agreements.
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related management experience
Paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. Retirement: Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS). Vacation: 24 days each year. Paid Holidays: 12 days.
Please contact Zach Jernberg at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the position or application process.
Apply before 05/26/2020 at www.LAUSDjobs.org
Posted May 5, 2020
Starting Salary is $21.56 Hourly
Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Posted May 19, 2020